If youth is wasted on the young, perhaps old age is being wasted on me. I was recently in a coffee house when two younger women checked me out. Yes, the older men younger women fantasy flashed through my mind.
Now, now – I know the difference between people looking at me and looking past me at someone else or to a clock on the wall. I was sitting by myself in the corner, and there was nothing for them to see but me. My fly was zipped up, there was no food stuck in my teeth, no purple monkeys on top of my head.
These women were giving me the eye, pure and simple.
I was struck with a dilemma – do I give them the eye right back?
I’m a big fan of meeting women in real life situations, and know that simply starting a conversation can work better than using any supposed pick up lines that work every time. I guessed these two younger women were in their early twenties. Don’t get me wrong, I’m an older man who has no problem ogling an adult female, no matter the age. If my head turns, it turns, hopefully without giving me whiplash.
But I’m also an older man in my mid-forties, a father to a seventeen-year-old girl. I’m aware that older men sometimes eye my teen daughter. (By older, in her case, I mean any man over college age. Though I have seen men in their 30s check her out.) When I see that happening, I give those older men the stink eye, and send telepathic ass-kicking brain waves for them to stay away from my little girl.
So here I was in the coffee house, a virile middle-aged single man with two young hotties at the next table, aware just how creepy the older men younger women thing would be if my own daughter was involved.
For the record, a Stanford study says it’s actually good for the survival of the species for older men to chase younger women. From my own personal experience, I know that a 20-something woman works well as a lover for a 40-something man like me. I hear in France, they take a man’s age, divide it by two and add seven to find the perfect age for his mistress. I think that’s too many years apart for a committed relationship, but the older men younger women age difference works great when it’s all about physical intimacy. Here’s why:
* Older men are established and have no problem paying for dates
* Younger women are full of life and energy
* Older men are experienced sexually. In bed, they can focus on giving rather than getting off, and when it comes to sex have lots to teach
* Younger women have naturally beautiful bodies (the female form is a wonder to behold)
* Older men and younger women who realize the relationship will never last can simply have fun in the present moment and not worry about the future. (Even single parents need intimacy.)
I realize older women and younger men can make similar claims. Cougars are out there. And older men and older women can be great together. This older men younger women blog post isn’t a dissertation.
I suddenly noticed these women were studying from test prep books with the letters “SAT” on the cover. Doh! Talk about an older men younger women nightmare. But then I figured they must be high school girls, friends of my daughter who recognized me and wanted to say hello.
Oh, but wait. I eavesdropped a bit and heard them talking about law school. I looked at the books again. Turns out they were LSAT books. These younger women were college graduates prepping for law school entrance exams.
To make a long story short – yes I chatted them up (did you think I wouldn’t say a word? Flirt daily! It’s good for you.) No, I didn’t ask for any phone numbers.
Though I wonder if I should go into the LSAT test prep tutoring business.
This article was found at: http://dadshouseblog.com/2009/09/28/older-men-and-younger-women/
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment